The Liberi School, in having a commercial kitchen, has a unique opportunity for a trailblazer working in the culinary arts. We are looking for a chef / food educator who is interested in working with local farms to source, prepare, and serve one meal and snack per day for our school children.
In collaboration with this chef, we will launch an integrated culinary arts curriculum that liberates children to embrace food culture with joy, curiosity, intimacy, and confidence. The culinary arts program will run as an afterschool program, includingweekend workshops, as well as winter, spring, and summer camps at the school. We will also create the opportunity to sell prepared foods directly to the families of The Liberi School and its affiliated programs.
The ideal person has a connection to the Hudson Valley area, a creative culinary vision, and would be committed and excited to collaborate and grow with The Liberi School's expanding vision. We are very much in the creative process of putting together an incredible educational model and are open to unexpected partnerships.
ASSISTANT TEACHER FOR GRADES 3-5 (FULL-TIME)
The Liberi School is looking for a full-time assistant teacher to join our innovative multi-age contemporary one-room schoolhouse model. We are seeking a passionate and aspiring educator to work closely with our experienced kindergarten through fifth-grade faculty. This position provides the opportunity to be mentored by committed master teachers while gaining hands-on classroom experience in a highly creative and unique setting. The ideal person will be excited to collaborate and grow with The Liberi School’s expanding vision and have the capacity and motivation to evolve into lead teacher for our multi-age Middle School (grades 3-5) classroom. Prior teaching experience is an asset. Degree in education preferred but not required. The Liberi School is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
· Care and upkeep of classroom materials and environment
· Daily attendance records
· Grading and assessing student work and assisting in writing biannual progress reports
· Preparation of materials for lessons and activities
· Participation in daily whole school morning meetings
· Classroom support during specials including art, music, Spanish, fitness, dance, theater, handwork, etc.
· Instructional support in all academic areas including math, writing workshop, science, history
· One-on-one academic support and individualized attention to students as needed
· Enforcing school rules and disciplinary expectations
· Daily interaction and communication with parents
· Recess and lunch supervision
· Arrival and dismissal duty
· Working closely with other faculty to support students and innovate curriculum
· General support and assistance to School Director as needed
To apply, please send a letter outlining your teaching philosophy and experience and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 74, Hudson, NY 12534.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.